- Go get the older WordPress version here
- Go to plugins and deactivate all the plugins and log out
- Open up your FTP or cPanel FTP Manager and delete wp-admin and wp-includesfolder. (DO NOT DELETE /wp-content folder!)
- Open the older WordPress version which you downloaded. Copy all the WordPress files and folders except wp-content. Do not copy wp-content folder.
- Now try to login to your WordPress dashboard and click on “Update WordPress Database”, then click on “continue” to login to your wordpress dashboard.
You have now successfully downgraded WordPress. Once you login you can see the overview of your current version.