imgAreaSelect is a jQuery plugin for selecting a rectangular area of an image. It allows web developers to easily implement image cropping functionality, as well as other user interface features, such as photo notes (like those on Flickr).
- Highly configurable
- Customizable with CSS styling
- Handles scaled images
- Keyboard support for moving and resizing the selection
- Supports callback functions
- Provides API functions for easier integration with other application components
- Lightweight — the packed version is just 8KB
The plugin works in all major browsers, including Firefox 2+, Opera 9.5+, Google Chrome, Safari 3+, and Internet Explorer 6+.
Quick Usage Instructions
<head> section of your HTML document.
Then, to enable selection on an image, wrap it in a jQuery object and call the
We needed a PHP and jQuery image upload and crop tool and came up with the following. Hope it helps!
Before you start, ensure you have the following: